Friday, July 26, 2013

The Same

     So I guess I'm going to try and write about these songs here from now on. I wish I had been doing that all along, but hey, I didn't really know what I was getting into when I started this project. I still don't know, really. Just doing the best I can.

     20 songs now. This one I am not especially proud of, to be honest. Friday morning came around I didn't have anything new to record so I pulled out this "tired old song", (that's what Gibbons called it when we were recording,) and it sounds OK but it just doesn't feel right to put something I've recorded before in the mix. This week I should able to get back to my regular writing routine, and I hope to have something to publish that I'm really proud of. 

     Interesting note about this song. It is a freestyle song. What that means is that I wrote it using a specific method. That method being: I pick up a guitar or something, hit record on some device, and make up a song off the top of my head. No stops, no effing around. I used to do this a LOT. Now not so much. Another song in this project, Security, is kind of a freestyle song. The first verse was made up, and I wrote the rest of it the old fashioned way.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment